Archer-Daniels-Midland Company’s North American Corporate Headquarters in Decatur, Illinois, seeks a very detailed corporate legal assistant/paralegal to support the Legal Department. The candidate must have a detailed understanding of basic corporate practice areas including real estate and contracting. The candidate must be able to draft and handle various corporate and transactional documents. Candidate will be responsible for contract management processes including maintaining templates and playbooks, contracting tracking systems, electronic signature and cloud-based repositories.
The candidate must provide work product in a manner that shows a comprehensive understanding of the business needs of the Company and be resourceful and reliable in handling and completing matters. The candidate will be expected to perform substantive legal work of limited to moderate scope and complexity under the supervision of an attorney. Candidate may also perform some general administrative functions in support of the legal department
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or Paralegal certificate is preferred, but not required, and a minimum of 3 years of legal assistant/paralegal related experience or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write reports and correspondence
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours as needed
- A strong spirit of teamwork and cooperation and a confirmed ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Maturity, professional attitude and personal discretion to interact with business leaders and directors
- Independent decision making and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop solutions in a logical and detailed way
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail and follow-up
- Demonstrated ability to exercise prudent judgment involving issues of highly confidential and sensitive nature
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to changes in environment and responsibilities
- Commitment to continuous learning, especially new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.