Corporate Inventory Control Manager
At Rothy’s, we know there’s a better way to do business, and it starts by putting the planet and its people first. More than 125 million single-use plastic bottles and 400,000 pounds of ocean-bound marine plastic have been transformed into our signature thread, creating wardrobe staples that look just as good as they feel.
Striving for zero waste, we combine 3D knitting technology and handcrafted assembly to create machine washable styles that don’t compromise on comfort. From classic shoes to carry-everywhere bags, we create essentials for wherever you go.
Working to close Rothy’s loop by 2023, building a sustainable future is at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive environment at our HQ, retail stores and wholly-owned factory, and are growing our community every day.
About the Team:
The Operations team, frequently known as Ops, are master organizers. They thrive on the logistics of stuff—from managing our shipping systems to fine-tuning timelines to keeping a close eye on our inventory. Ops work with every single employee at Rothy’s, including our retail staff, and they make organizational magic wherever they go.
The Corporate Inventory Control Manager reports to the VP, Supply Chain and works proactively with a cross-functional team of Finance, Accounting and Operations gurus. They strive for inventory integrity in an environment filled with variability. The Corporate Inventory Control Manager will focus on monitoring inventory irregularities, adjusting discrepancies and performing root cause analyses to deliver their objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Own inventory reporting and integrity/accuracy company-wide, to include needs assessment and process improvement as well as regular (daily, weekly, ad-hoc) inventory status updates and adjustments
- Lead the cycle count program and year-end physical inventory counts by researching and resolving discrepancies and by ensuring timely management and approval of adjustments
- Maintain and improve inventory integrity by recommending solutions to prevent reoccurrence and by supporting employees to minimize obsolescence
- Develop, implement, update and monitor all new and existing procedures and guidelines for inventory processes, to include metrics to track inventory performance
- Maintain effective internal control over physical product flow and accounting of inventory areas to ensure compliance with established internal and external auditor procedures
- Lead and work effectively with team members to deliver additional special projects, tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned
- An industry expert in inventory SOPs, analysis, and reporting
- Experienced in overseeing the inventory control and inventory audit functions
- Capable of effectively managing the integrity of the company-wide inventory (in-transit, factory, DCs, stores)
- Experienced with internal and external inventory auditing
- An expert in inventory discrepancy resolution
- An experienced omni-channel retail specialist
- A decisive and thoughtful business partner, integrating sound judgement, responsible fiscal management and business acumen in your role
- A compelling communicator with effective written and verbal presentation skills
- Agile and able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to adapt processes to support business needs
- A bachelor’s of business administration or related field
- 4+ years of experience managing inventory in a retail environment
- Fluency with SAP, MS Excel; knowledge of financial software, ERP/WMS/PLM
- Experience tracking in-transit, retail stores, factory and distribution center inventory
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong math/accounting and analysis skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Generous paid time off
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health plans for you and your family
- Supplemental mental health benefits
- Healthy snacks
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Quarterly product allowance!
Rothy's is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. In support of that, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their first day with Rothy's if allowed by applicable state law. If you have a health-related need or religious belief that prevents you from getting the vaccine, let's chat so we can explore reasonable accommodations. Have questions or concerns? Just let your recruiter know. We're happy to walk through them.