Corporate HR Generalist
Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to give everyone a voice through beauty. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Our corporate HR Generalist will help drive a people-first employee experience across our corporate teams in partnership with the HR Business Partner team. This role will help to deliver a range of both strategic and tactical HR programs that align with Glossier’s corporate priorities. This role will report into the Director, HR Business Partner and Corporate Recruiting.
6 Month Expectations:
- Manage administrative processes for corporate employees (e.g., employee records maintenance) in close partnership with the People Operations team and HR BP team.
- Partner with our recruiting team on interview training and hiring and onboarding processes.
- Partner with the Legal team on employee relationships issues and ensuring we are compliant with employment regulations.
- Partner with managers and leaders to proactively shape talent priorities to align to our long-term business strategy and evolving needs and develop and execute against the client group’s people strategy.
- Work alongside with our People Operations and HRBP team to deliver quarterly/annual HR programs (e.g. performance reviews, employee surveys, comp planning).
12+ Month Expectations:
- Coach and develop managers to be effective and inspiring leaders: Deliver a spectrum of strategic and tactical HR support and programs aligned with Glossier’s business initiatives.
- Take initiative to proactively address and represent the needs of employees to the HRBP and leadership teams.
- Partner with the Employee Experience team on onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as other strategic initiatives.
- Master all HR operational processes (e.g., HRIS and Greenhouse administration).
- Partner with the Director of Culture and Inclusion to diagnose and define the programs and support needed to optimize employee performance including recognition and rewards programs.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the appropriate escalation of employee-related issues.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience
- Generalist experience across multiple disciplines within HR including but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, training and compensation preferred.
- Experience supporting corporate employees, specifically within beauty or consumer products.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the development of capable, high-performing teams and investing deeply in the growth of managers and team members.
- Experience handling sensitive employee concerns and investigations, in a detailed-oriented and empathetic manner.
- Experience in the design and implementation of scalable HR programs aiming to promote and retain best-in-class teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and experienced in delivering information in a clear, concise, and structured manner.
- Familiarity with federal and state labor laws in the US and EU.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.