What You'll Do
- Provide transactional legal support to the Canadian sales teams, including drafting and negotiating contracts for direct and channel sales such as software license, product and service purchase agreements, cloud agreement, XaaS agreements, channel and alliance agreements.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the sales team and other supporting functions by understanding Cisco’s strategy and priorities.
- Analyze and help to resolve business and legal issues through clear, practical legal guidance.
- Participate in key global initiatives with cross-functional legal teams.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work with a dynamic in-house legal department that is using technology to transform both its own legal department and how the law is practiced around the world. Our legal department works in a fast-paced environment, with a passion to drive Cisco’s business and enable our customers’ digital transformation.
Who You Are
- Adaptability. You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to optimally handle frequent changes in priorities, deadlines, and workload.
- Business & Legal Knowledge. You have in-depth knowledge of IT commercial and contract law, and some familiarity with intellectual property, privacy and data protection law. You understand contracting principles and their impact on the business and are able to find creative solutions to complex issues.
- Communication and Influence. You have strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely (in writing and verbally) complex legal and business issues. You anticipate and respond to customer/client requirements promptly.
- Continuous Learning. You have a natural curiosity and hunger to learn and to apply that learning to specific tasks to improve your work and the work of others around you.
- Ability to Positively Disrupt. You won’t suffer in silence in the face of outdated methodologies, broken processes or inefficient ways of doing things. Instead, you are a change agent who can clearly articulate these issues and their repercussions in a constructive manner and take full ownership of identifying and implementing better, more innovative ways of doing things. You have a creative approach with the ability to use design thinking and other tools to innovate.
- Critical Thinking. You have a track record of conducting a careful and thoughtful analysis of complex legal and business agreements and the ability to weigh and articulate the risk and reward of various scenarios in a business-friendly manner.
- Organizational Abilities. You have well-developed organizational and prioritization abilities allowing for the smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines.
- Standout Colleague. You are willing to collaborate and share knowledge, acting in a responsive and proactive manner. You operate well in a team environment and positively impact team members.
Our Minimum Qualifications for this role
- 4+ years of proven experience, preferably having worked in a technology company, negotiating complex software and services transactions, drafting language for a broad range of issues and contracts, and knowledgeable in the operational, legal and business issues that arise when selling products, software and services.
- Negotiate to a specific goal with little supervision.
- Operate efficiently and optimally in an environment heavily dependent on Cisco and third party tools and communications systems, including high proficiency in and effective use of basic desktop applications (e.g. Office 365).
- Proficiency in both English and French (preferred)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!