Primary duties will consist of providing sound and timely legal counsel for CEMEX and its US subsidiaries and affiliates in a variety of business transactions and legal matters.
- Become a key member of the business team
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, such as confidentiality, independent contractor, supply, purchase, consulting, purchase order, service and equipment agreements
- Perform and manage transaction diligence
- Develop forms for commercial transactions
- Establish rapport and a positive working relationship with business unit management and personnel at all levels to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel
- Update training materials and conduct training concerning contracts
- Legal research on issues arising from assigned matters
- Four or more years of law firm practice in a corporate position with business transactions and commercial real estate experience
- JD from ABA accredited law school
- Member of the Bar in one or more US states in good standing
- Experience in two or more of the following areas required: Mergers and Acquisitions, Commercial Real Estate, Equipment Leasing, and Commercial Lending
- Experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: Uniform Commercial Code, permitting, antitrust and general training programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt continuously to manage a challenging workload in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to rapidly analyze issues and propose reasonable business solutions
- Team player able to work collaboratively across functional areas and with all levels of personnel, including executive management
- Must be able to function independently and multitask, proficient in computer and word-processing skills
- Strong business acumen
- Able to work extended hours as needed
- Able to work with standard office/computer equipment
- Able to work in an open concept office environment
- Able to participate in required overnight travel up to 30%
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with employees and other individuals as well as function safely within an office environment and on occasion, may visit industrial plant locations
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.