Remote East/Central Time Zone preferred
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of nearly 60,000+ professionals globally who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, CUB CADET and more.
What You’ll Do
The Corporate Counsel – Global Supply Chain (“GSC”) will support the company’s global supply chain, procurement, and sourcing operations. A key focus for this role is working closely with our lead category managers to provide legal counsel and advice related to purchasing raw materials and component parts that go into the products we manufacture. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Global Operations, this attorney will be responsible for the drafting and negotiating a variety of procurement agreements to facilitate the sourcing of goods, services, and software across functions and geographies around the world. You’ll get to:
- Partner with members of the GSC organization to develop and implement GSC’s strategy, risk management and governance
- Independently provide prompt, strategic, and practical business and legal advice and support for thecommercial activities and transactions relating to SBD’s procurement and supply chain operations
- Draft, negotiate and structure a wide range of commercial, logistics and technology agreements with third party suppliers and vendors
- Resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships with vendors and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Provide advice regarding subjects including supplier risk management, anti-bribery, information security and data privacy, trade compliance, intellectual property and procurement policies and procedures
- Handle a variety of special projects, as needed, including developing business efficiencies, assisting othermembers of the legal team with transactions and developing contract templates, playbooks and
- Become and remain knowledgeable of trends and changes in laws as reflected in judicial precedent, legislation, and government regulations affecting the business and its products, and communicate them to management.
Who You Are
You’re a strategic thinker and problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You are decisive, practical, and business-minded and confident providing practical counsel to stakeholders at all levels of the business. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience negotiating purchasing and other commercial agreements within an in-house legal department of a manufacturing company
- Law degree from top-tier law school
- Member in good standing of at least one state bar
- Ability to provide timely and effective legal and business advice across a wide range of novel legal and business matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good business judgment and sound decision making in ambiguous situations with ability to balance risk, opportunity, and business objective
- Strong project management skills, able to direct and implement multiple concurrent projects and manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building strong relationships with and influencing client groups
- Hardworking and results-oriented
- Highly motivated self-starter with the aability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, making decisions that have both legal and business impact
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools company. More than a driving force in outdoor power equipment. More than a global leader in industrial. We’re visionaries and innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.