The Corporate Counsel will report to and assist the VP, Legal and the Corporate Development team on M&A and investment transactions, related regulatory and integration matters, and coordinating trainings, best practices, and information sharing on these issues. The Corporate Counsel will be an integral part of the Company’s legal team, working closely with various business functions (including finance and accounting, treasury, tax, HR, and our brand companies) and external counsel to provide practical and expert legal advice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support for M&A and investment transactions, as well as related regulatory matters, including the due diligence process, negotiation of term sheets and definitive transaction agreements and related support projects.
- Assist with the preparation of M&A-related board of director and committee materials, including working with finance, tax, HR, and our brand companies to gather and assess information.
- Coordinate trainings, best practices, and information sharing with the brands on issues relating to M&A.
- Provide well-reasoned and practical advice and support on various legal matters to other members of the legal team and senior management.
- A J.D. from a nationally or internationally recognized law school and excellent academic credentials.
- Admission in good standing to a State Bar of any jurisdiction in the United States, and the ability to register as authorized house counsel in Connecticut.
- Minimum of 4 years experience.
- M&A experience gained through work in a major law firm or corporate law department.
- Experience navigating M&A-related regulatory issues and integration is a plus.
- Proactive, energetic, self-assured professional with highest personal integrity.
- Good judgment, strong work ethic, and an interest in building relationships within the Booking Holdings organization and global business units.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and address legal issues while coupling legal advice with pragmatic business solutions.
- Top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to successfully manage and meet deadlines, including handling multiple simultaneous transactions and in certain cases to be the primary in-house attorney on corporate projects.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Travel may be required from time to time.