Corporate Communications Specialist
This position is a hybrid and will require occasional office days in Atlanta. Must be located within a commutable distance.
The Communications Specialist plays a hands-on role within Cox Automotive's Retail Solutions team and supports internal and external communications strategies, tactics and implementation. Working with Communications team members, this individuals responsibilities will include assisting with content creation for both groups, directing content to appropriate communication channels, monitoring effectiveness, and coordinating cross-CAI efforts. This individual will assist with coordinating and plan town halls, media tours and team member engagement activities. They should be able to acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company's business, Solutions groups, priorities, principles, and strategies and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Responsible for sourcing content, interviewing subjects, writing, editing and delivering high quality internal and external communications for a variety of channels and will assist with day-to-day communications and execution
- Support ongoing communications department projects and activities, assisting in communications and delivery of messages from field and corporate leadership
- Provide back-up support to others in the department, as requested
- Support Retail and CAI communications vehicles to inform, educate, and engage employees.
- Work with key internal stakeholder to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company's strategy and in support of various internal and external communications efforts
- Support and evaluate results of communications with the team
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external players
- Manage and enhance communications flows, within and outside of our company
- Promote a positive public image of our company
- Update bios, fact sheets, press rooms and other lists as well as support and update content on Fuel, the company's Intranet, and other internal sites, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other department members to align on common challenges and opportunities
- Adhere to the company's style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free work.
- Coordinate award entries for industry and internal award programs
- Other departmental duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Generally 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- 2+ years of experience in communications roles (would consider recent graduate PR or Communications graduate with relevant internship and leadership experience)
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, SharePoint/Teams, PowerPoint, Word, and related business and communications tools
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, with close attention to detail
- Excellent writing/editing skills. Solid verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and work well under pressure
- Highly collaborative style with a sincere commitment to work collaboratively across teams
- Enjoys learning and creating engaging communications
- Prefer familiarity with direct marketing tools (such as EmailOpen, MailChimp or Emma)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to treat confidential material appropriately
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Open-minded, flexible, adaptable to change
- Team player who can adapt to different personalities and work styles, and partner with people at all levels of business