Corporate Communications Manager
Clean Harbors is seeking a Corporate Communications Manager. They will develop communications content that drives greater awareness, understanding and engagement with Clean Harbors’ mission, values, strategy and culture across a range of internal and external audiences and channels. This position is focused equally on content creation and stakeholder engagement and developing dialogue.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop content, including research and information gathering, writing and editing copy, creating and editing video and images, and posting content to various digital channels, including the company’s intranet
- Implement communications strategies and initiatives that support and foster employee engagement, both online and in-person.
- Provide executive communications support by working to source, draft, and place memos and articles
- Help develop media relations strategies and support broader communications or marketing team initiatives, as needed
- Possess journalist-quality writing skills to create pitches, talking points, digital content, social media posts and executive level documents
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Help manage branded channels on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Key attributes include: creative thinker, results-oriented, able to see the big picture while having a keen eye for detail, collaborative, creative, persuasive, and well-organized
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate communications and/or writing
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in leveraging both digital and non-digital channels to create communications that drive awareness, engagement and, ultimately, impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with expertise communicating effectively across both industry and general audiences
- Ability to take complex information and translate it into simple but compelling communications and experiences; equally comfortable communicating about business trends as industry principles
- Strong editorial and interpersonal skills with a range of communications and project management experience
- Proven public relations skills for both promotions and crisis communication.
- Proven ability to deliver communications that connect with audiences and have impact on perspectives and actions
- Ability and want to make a significant impact
- You can write exceptional talking points about a subject you were briefed on
- Ability to think on your feet and are comfortable in a constantly changing work environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding follow-through skills
- Positive attitude and team player, but able to work independently to accomplish goals and objectives
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
"2022 Top Company For Women To Work For in Transportation”