Comcast's Corporate Communications team in Philadelphia, PA creates and executes communications strategies that support the company’s overall reputation, including cross-company moments and purpose-driven initiatives. You’ll support the team in planning and executing strategies that elevate the Comcast brand and corporate reputation among key audiences.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. S/he must be an excellent writer who can meet tight deadlines. As an intern on our corporate communications team, you’ll gain exposure to the communications/PR department of a leading Fortune 50 company. You’ll also have opportunities to learn more about other functions across our company, including legal; government affairs; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and community impact, to name a few.
- Help develop and execute strategy and special events around key company priorities
- Draft communications materials: press releases, blog posts, email pitches, etc.
- Compile targeted media lists/research reporters & bloggers
- Track and report media coverage surrounding specific announcements
- Support other communications projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2024 or 2025 (sophomores, juniors, and seniors).
- Major: Communications, Marketing and Journalism related field
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States of America.
Rising Sophomore = $21/hr
Rising Junior = $22/hr
Rising Senior = $23/hr
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience: 0-2 Years
Base Pay: $23.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.