Corporate Communication Manager
The Corporate Reputation Brand Manager plays a central role in developing and implementing PetSmart’s proactive corporate brand reputation strategy. This individual will lead initiatives that strengthen PetSmart’s corporate reputation including civic engagement internally and externally and assist in building and supporting large scale campaigns that align with the corporate reputation strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have a deep sincere passion for telling PetSmart’s story and previous experience creating a corporate brand strategies and/or managing corporate reputation programs. The Corporate Reputation Brand Manager will also have a proven track record of problem-solving, using excellent judgment and appropriate discretion and working collaboratively across multiple teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Play a central role in helping developing PetSmart’s overarching and differentiated corporate brand strategy
- Lead initiatives that strengthen PetSmart’s reputation including, but not limited to, civic engagement, campaigns both at the corporate level but also with field leadership
- Partner with the PR/Social Media and Internal Communications teams to tell PetSmart’s corporate story externally and internally Responsible for building and implementing PetSmart’s civic engagement program from its current Phoenix-based approach to a regional and then national impact
- Assist in the development of corporate reputation platforms supporting work in Belonging, sustainability, employer brand, civic engagement
- Enhance existing external partnerships across the company to drive greater awareness to PetSmart
- Maintain and own the overall corporate website as well as responsibility for developing, designing, writing, editing and producing material for the site.
- Role will report to the Director of Corporate Reputation and will partner with the social care team
- Participate in shared rotation responsibility of weekend social media community management and media line/on-call duty
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 5+ years of corporate communications experience and/or brand building experience
- Previous experience building a corporate brand reputation strategy for a large company is strongly preferred
- Exceptional written and oral skills with keen attention to detail
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze, propose and implement solutions to various issues
- Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment