Corporate Account Manager
Responsible for managing and growing the Makita sales revenue through the proper execution of Makita’s strategic initiatives and sales programs. This role is primarily focused upon managing E-Commerce accounts, specifically Amazon.com. While growing relationships with our customers, relationships will also be built within all different groups in the Makita organization. We will work together to deliver Makita’s “Best-In-Class Engineering & Innovation” brand position and the extensive Makita product line.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Regular travel to meet with different Amazon.com categories and groups in Seattle, WA. as well as events at various locations.
- Perform business reporting functions, such as but not limited to, sales reports, account update reports, monthly reports, expense reports and other reports as needed.
- Present, execute and administer Corporate Sales Programs including co-op, trade agreements, rebate, strategic initiatives and promotions along with other corporate programs as needed.
- Works with marketing department to keep account activities and content up to date.
- Manage co-op and/or advertising budgets for each eligible account.
- Support the Makita accounting department as needed, including but not limited to, new account set up, credit applications, disputes, deductions and proper communication with the Account Receivable team.
- Create strategic growth sales plans and proposals for Amazon.com
- Fully understands promotions and assists our dealers with promo execution (i.e., bundle creation, variations, promo spreadsheet, promo decks, etc.…)
- Investigates and resolves customer issues and concerns
- Regular Communication with 3rd party partners to maximize the relationship(s)
- Staying current on all 3rd party applications and/or software tools that can help provide advertising, content or marketing value to Makita
- Stay abreast of market conditions, changes and competitor activities within the industry and communicate findings internally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Amazon and/or E-Commerce experience a plus.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the company.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Computer Skills, and Registrations: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Makita Employee Portal; Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and/or Internet Explorer Internet software; ADP Payroll systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Word Processing software.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Design: Generates creative solutions, demonstrates attention to detail, uses feedback to modify designs.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills: Pursues training and development opportunities. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Manages competing demands. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to employee needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Maintains confidentiality. Focuses on solving conflict.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly & persuasively in all situations. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Responds well to questions. Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication: Able to read and interpret written information. Writes clearly and informatively. Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Teamwork: Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Leadership: Inspires respect and trust. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Displays orientation to profitability. Develops workable implementation plans.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values. Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure. Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Safety & Security: Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Observes safety and security procedures.
- Attendance & Punctuality: Is consistently at work and ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand & walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but varies by office location.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities