We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels Benefits
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT and NYC only
The Copywriter is responsible for developing persuasive, strategic, innovative, and customer-centric copy for all marketing channels. Under the general supervision of the Copy Manager, the Copywriter works as part of an in-house marketing team to achieve the Michaels brand objectives through effective brand voice and message strategies. Using proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking, the Copywriter must master the distinctive Michaels voice to communicate brand strengths in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.Major Activities
- Write copy to support digital and print marketing - includes video, social media, email, website marketing, direct mail, newspaper inserts, brand collateral and signage, as assigned.
- Effectively interpret and adapt information for marketing initiatives based on briefs, merchant input, internal reports, and other supporting documents.
- Develop hard-hitting, promotional value messaging for the Michaels brand for all business categories.
- Deliver clean, accurate copy that requires little to no editing or proofreading.
- Leverage the Michaels brand voice to craft clear and compelling copy.
- Master and continue the development and evolution of Michaels brand voice.
- Ensure marketing objectives have been met within creative guidelines
- Work closely with design partners to architect and implement the overall look and language of customer-facing campaign materials across all marketing channels, including but not limited to digital and print advertising, social content and online video, from script and storyboard to execution.
- Collaborate with design and marketing partners to create synergy and integration from concept to execution.
- Prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Research creative trends in competitive markets and apply that knowledge and learning to development of new marketing and signage projects.
- Research retail copy trends in competitive markets and apply that knowledge and learning to the development of new marketing projects.
- Leverage emerging trends in visual and audio messaging for video
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum Special Certifications or technical skills
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Minimum Type of experience the job requires
- Portfolio demonstrating creative and strategic strength
- Familiarity and experience (and/or formal training) in writing for broadcast media and/or online video
- Familiarity with and experience in email and social marketing
- Strong organizational, problem-analysis, decision-making, and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work, and projecting a positive attitude
- Self-manage internal deadlines and release dates
Preferred Type of experience the job requires
- 2-3 years retail copywriting experience, preferred -- samples required
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.