Copywriter - Digital, Web, and Email
San Diego, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Copywriter: Digital, Web, & Email will write copy across a variety of channels, including digital advertising, web, and email, to support AppFolio’s marketing programs.
AppFolio’s Content team balances producing a high volume of content with maintaining high standards for content excellence. The Copywriter: Digital, Web, & Email writes clearly and efficiently, and knows how to ask the right questions — so that they can consistently deliver high-quality content for multiple different market segments, on-time and in alignment with campaign strategy.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and detail-oriented writer and editor, with a passion for great storytelling and proven track record of creating original and compelling content.
The Copywriter: Digital, Web, & Email also streamlines operations on the marketing content team by coordinating the production of critical content assets, managing content marketing technology, and publishing content.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Write clear, persuasive copy that drives engagement (including clicks, conversions, and registrations) across a variety of channels, including:
- Digital ads: Craft attention-grabbing headlines & calls to action for advertising campaigns including display, social, and other digital formats
- Landing pages: Write copy for landing pages, including gated content opt-ins, webinar and event registrations, search engine marketing, direct response campaigns, and more
- Email campaigns: Write intriguing and descriptive subject lines, pre-headers, and email body copy that drives readers to engage with content, events, and other offers
- Marketing events: Write copy for a variety of event needs, including event invitations & communication, printed collateral, tradeshow booth messaging, and more
- Sales enablement campaigns: Create email scripts that sales and business development teams can use to outreach to prospects sharing new content, events, offers, and more
- Social media: Engage customers and prospects by writing copy to support social media campaigns, including organic and paid reach
- Use content marketing technology to publish and organize content:
- Post new content, curate and organize existing content using CMS
- Assist with maintaining an accurate database of published content
- Expedite production of critical content assets by working collaboratively with project manager and marketing programs managers:
- Keep templates for all types of content & copy up to date to reflect changing program needs
- Track status of tasks or projects using project management software
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in content creation + digital marketing
- Exemplary writing, copy editing, and verbal communication skills, preferably with direct experience in B2B marketing
- Quickly masters new technology and tools
- High personal standard for quality of work and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive attitude and a great sense of humor
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.