- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Experience creating, editing and proofing copy in a minimum of two of the following mediums: print, OLA, email, web.
- Previous employment in a retail environment working with a team of designers and production specialists.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS, Microsoft Office, InDesign or similar DTP program required
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team.
- Competent in strategic brainstorming, campaign development and creative brief execution.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, self-manage workload and prioritize deadlines.
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Adaptability to changes in process, technology, strategy.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Drives Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Manages Conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively with minimal noise
This role develops innovative and original product and editorial content for homedepot.com and related marketing initiatives including category experience, online user experience, web analytics, catalog, video and search engine optimization (SEO). Writer must be a highly creative problem solver and adept at negotiating with clients to execute key deliverables with exceptional quality and proficient speed. Partners with Managers of Creative, Designers, Vendors, Agency Partners, Merchants, Media, Merchandise Marketing/Project Managers and Production Specialists to deliver seamless solutions.
- 30% Writes and Proofreads: Writes and proofreads promotional, editorial and/or product copy for all assigned categories and media channels; researches industry standards, vendor and competitor sources to develop copy that aligns to The Home Depot brand and copy standards.
- 25% Accuracy and Compliance: Works with creative staff, marketing/project managers, agencies and others to deliver copy that is accurate, adheres to corporate/federal/state regulations.
- 25% Content Collaboration: Negotiates with marketing and merchants on focus and content to promote and protect The Home Depot brand; ensures message is consistent with strategy and leadership vision; provides a connected messaging/customer experience across channels.
- 20% Project Management Skills: Exhibits strong project management to meet deadlines; provides analytical and problem-solving skills to help improve process.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to the Content Manager.
- This position has 0 direct reports.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new addition
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Merit increases and performance bonuses
- On-the-spot recognition and rewards for a job well done