We’re looking for a Copywriter to join our creative team in the Atlanta, GA area. To be successful at this role, you will have to be equal parts product expert, conceptual thinker, and brand storyteller. Almost as importantly, you should not only be a passionate committed gamer, but also be in touch with the culture that surrounds the gaming community.
As part of the creative team within the SCUF marketing department, you will work on a variety of creative projects and be responsible for crafting engaging copy that brings our products to life and engages our audience. Your writing will directly impact how our brand and products are presented to consumers, influencing their purchasing decisions and overall brand perception.
Product copy – Highlight the key features, benefits, and functionalities of our products by writing concise, compelling copy across channels: e-commerce product pages, packaging, manuals, PR, email, video scripts, product naming, and social.
Creative copywriting – Conceptual ideation for product launches, campaigns, brand advertising, content, and D2C promotions.
- Write compelling copy across all marketing channels; e-commerce website (homepage, product pages, landing pages, etc.), email campaigns, video scripts, and digital ads
- Write product descriptions, feature descriptions, copy for manuals, and packaging
- Collaborate with fellow creatives to develop effective creative concepts for product launches, campaigns, and brand content
- Produce press releases for new products, brand initiatives, and corporate announcements
- Maintain a deep understanding of each product's features, benefits, and unique selling points in order to highlight them effectively in your writing
- Apply SEO principles for the purpose of maximizing reach to the target audience
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, innovations, and culture that surrounds the gaming community
- Collaborate with cross-functional marketing team members (product, performance, and partnerships) on channel specific deliverables
- Drive consistency in tone of voice across all channels
- Actively researches competitors to understand how they are communicating to customers
- Play a primary role in presentations with internal stakeholders and leadership
- Lead and participate in team brainstorms and other ideation sessions
- Must provide an online portfolio showcasing previous work upon applying – applicants without this will NOT be considered
- Understand the role of a creative brief, how work should flow from it, and how to develop ideas against it
- Proven ability to translate creative strategies into meaningful, memorable and measurable ideas
- Able to distill dense, technical product information into fresh, readable consumer friendly copy
- Uses data-driven marketing to guide all copy decisions
- Compelling storyteller with excellent presentation skills
- Strong command of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented self-starter with solid organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and meets tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, manage and efficiently complete multiple projects
- Open to change and highly adaptable to shifting needs and deadlines
- Strong Macintosh, Keynote and Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree required and/or related work experience
- 2-4 years of agency or in-house experience required