Coordinator, Live Content
The Coordinator, Live Content is an operational role that assists the Manager, Live Content with all things oversight and coordination of MLB’s Live Content Team. This position would have full autonomy to facilitate communication between internal MLB social media editors, Club social media and PR/communications contacts, and the Live staff working each day to ensure smooth workflow, balance and organization.
- Serve as a professional point of contact between Club representatives and Live Content staff working games on a daily/nightly basis.
- Contribute to the curation and organization of contact lists and other materials necessary to maintain proper workflow.
- Collaborate with internal MLB social media managers/editors regarding content plans, and communicating that to Live staff.
- Work directly with internal MLB Player Marketing contacts to ensure player content needs are being met on a daily/nightly basis.
- Assist with media management for Jewel Events such as (but not limited to) All-Star Week and Playoffs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 1 year of experience in communications, social media, or other related environment.
- Understands the basic social media landscape and is able to align thoughts & workflow with MLB Marketing campaigns.
- Possess a working knowledge of professional sports social media trends and recognizes what content captures the viewer’s attention.
- Previous experience communicating in a professional manner with high-profile contacts.
- Ability to maintain organization and composure under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Has a strong understanding of Microsoft Suite, and Google applications (Drive, Slides, Sheets, etc).
- Availability & flexibility to work nights and weekends.
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy