The Call of Duty League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Call of Duty League melds Activision Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
The Coordinator, Competition Ops, will manage server operations for Call of Duty esports competitions and any escalations. This role will coordinate with teams and league office to manage roster submissions, trades, and retirements. This role will also manage rankings throughout the season and administer cutoffs, finalizing competition qualification, and schedules.
This role will report into the Senior Manager, Global Competition Ops.
- Responsible for server operations for Call of Duty professional league play
- Assist in the operations of Call of Duty esports competitions, including professional league play, amateur circuits, and various other exhibition competitions.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of rules and regulations for all programs.
- Escalate critical decisions to teammates within the Competition Operations department.
- Compile tournament and program status reports for various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Administrate path to pro ranking systems and ensure players are being properly ranked within the systems.
- Manage official team rosters and enforce roster lock periods across all competition program.
- Assist in prizing and travel accommodations needs as it relates to competitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Business, related field of equivalent work experience
- Experience in an administrative role
- Passion for video games, and working knowledge of esports
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel is required
- Experience with setting up travel and accommodations
- Experience with talent management
- Experience in game or entertainment company
- Experience in project management