Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Coordinator, Business and Legal Affairs at Rhino Entertainment. Reports to SVP Business & Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
WMG Global Catalog/Rhino Entertainment is the catalog division of Warner Music Group responsible for advancing the legacy of Warner’s iconic artists and optimizing the performance of Warner’s catalog of recorded music, including that of legacy artists and current superstars. Rhino’s dynamic Business and Legal Affairs team shares a passion for music and values hard work with a creative, problem-solving mindset. We focus on innovative deals with and for WMG artists in areas of recorded music, brand licensing, and ancillary exploitation. We work cross-functionally with A&R, marketing, fan engagement, commerce, and finance to structure deals and further strengthen relationships with our artists. We also field inquiries in connection with U.S. catalog repertoire, manage both pre-litigation claims and litigations in conjunction with WMG’s corporate litigation in-house counsel, and enforce WMG’s rights in connection with the same. We also collaborate closely with our affiliated labels Atlantic, Elektra, and Warner Records as well as WMG’s corporate teams.
A key player on the team, this individual will support top executives and senior management within the Business & Legal Affairs department at Rhino Entertainment. Point person for the team, here you will collaborate closely daily with a wide range of departments at WMG as well as many other record labels within the company. Rhino Entertainment is home to Music by some of the most iconic musicians of all time: The Doors, Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, and many more. Want to develop a one-of-a-kind, behind-the-scenes understanding of the Music Industry while supporting a leader in the field? This could be the right role for you!
Here you’ll get to:
- Manage executives' calendars, schedule meetings, arrange conference calls and travel, coordinate team meetings, order supplies, scan and collate documents, answer and screen incoming calls, etc.
- Field and route incoming correspondence
- Submit, track, & maintain travel and entertainment expenses
- Take ownership of the internal practices relating to the position. Identify areas of improvement and lead change to processes and procedures
- Maintain BA filing system
- Draft and distribute internal and external correspondence
- Produce PowerPoint and Excel reports and charts as needed
- Research sales information and contract terms
- Maintain highly confidential or critical information
- Handle the circulation of deal approval memos for executive signatures
- Prepare documents for contract execution and post-execution handling
- Rally the internal assets of the company for the benefit of the team (IT, Office Services, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate team and other events and meetings
- Perform other similar tasks as requested, and handle other special projects as needed
- Have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with varying personalities and styles
- Excel in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and high attention to detail
- Possess strong organizational and prioritization skills, excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Good follow through, meticulous, strong work ethic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have a solid understanding of all standard computer programs (PC experience: Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet)
We’d love it if you also had:
- 1-3 years experience working as an executive assistant
- Experience developing office processes and procedures
- Former office management experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment for several executives
- Willingness to help executives improve their own performance
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly; commitment to excellence and self-improvement
- Ability to communicate clearly and identify issues, without being prompted to do so