Conversation Lead: @TwitterGaming
TwitterSan Francisco, CA - Remote US10d ago
The Social team is part of Global Consumer Marketing at Twitter, and we help communicate our thoughts and announcements to the world. We also help monitor conversations happening on Twitter, and even join them! We help show the fun side of Twitter, in areas that people are passionate about. We work closely with stakeholders such as Comms, Product, and executive leadership to help generate positive conversation, usage, and education of Twitter.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for monitoring conversation, news, and trends, while also managing replies where appropriate on @TwitterGaming. Additionally you’ll be tasked with crafting Tweets for our gaming editorial calendar.
You will be great at finding incredible Tweets that we can reply to or engage with — such as a Tweet from The Mob about staying up late to make a meme, and even someone who Tweeted their experience of what gaming means to them. You have a knack for seeing these Tweets before they become viral, and sourcing the best Tweets from the depths of Twitter, because you’re on the pulse of gaming and gaming culture.
You will be asked on occasion to attend shoots, events, and activations — either to Live Tweet or to help with celebrity content capture or interviewing. So US travel is part of the role. The Conversation Lead is a publishing role, so whilst the office hours are the standard 9-5, occasionally you will be needed out of these hours.
Because you’ll be Tweeting from corporate accounts you must be beyond trustworthy, organized, detail oriented and responsible. You’re not the kind of person who leaves their phone in a taxi… ever.
You are obsessed with Social Media and how to build a community and how content travels on the platform. You know what it takes to have a strong Social voice, and you practice what you preach. Your grammar, spelling, and punctuation is impeccable, but you always double and triple check yourself. And of course, a passion for video games, esports, and gaming culture is a must.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong social skills. Ability to communicate thoughtfully, expertly, and engagingly across platforms
- A track record for developing insightful, interesting content
- Impeccable writing and editing skills and a passion for storytelling
- Ability to think on your feet: being able to respond to events quickly
- Attention to detail
- The drive to see projects through from planning and concept development to execution and analysis
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A creative thinker who loves to brainstorm big, out of the ordinary ideas
Responsibilities will include:
- Create daily Tweet copy for @TwitterGaming replies and community management.
- Find relevant Tweets to respond to throughout the day
- Stay on top of social memes and language, surfacing trends to share with the wider team
- Escalate any issues on the account as you see them and refer them to relevant parts of the company - e.g. Tweets from journalists, urgent customer questions, potential news stories
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in community management, having run social presences for a brand.
- Razor sharp editing skills: Can digest the Twitter voice and apply to all content
- Understanding of the marketing, media and digital advertising landscape
- Preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment; track record working across complex cross-functional Team
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity
- Proficiency crafting creative, inspiring, stories that communicate complex concepts simply
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills; team-first mentality
- Passion for Twitter and knowledge of how the service works and how marketers use it
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge and passion for the video game industry, and its discourse on Twitter
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.