Versed is seeking a Controller. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing, global company in the clean skincare space. Reporting to the COO, the candidate will lead the accounting operations, with the opportunity to establish financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, develop budgets and forecasts, and manage their own finance team. The company is currently unaudited but will likely implement a financial review or audit for the 2022 calendar year.
Head of Finance Job Duties:
- Lead preparation of management accounts – P&L, BS and CF
- Ensure cash controlled with visibility of spend, tax and insurance paid
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop detailed revenue, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts (GAAP and weekly cash flow forecasting)
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Prepare departmental budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Lead monthly departmental budget discussions alongside other key stakeholders in the organization
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
Management and Fiscal:
- Collaborate effectively with other departments, including operations, development, sales and marketing
- Liaison with tax accountants, auditors, bankers, insurance brokers, lawyers, etc
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally, 5+ years relevant industry experience (beauty or consumable products) or channel experience (mass retail & dtc). Experience at a strong accounting firm is a positive
- Ability to be a strong, clear communicator with Leadership Team
- Proven experience with accounting for Inventory, incl ERP (specifically, Netsuite).
- Proven results in managing a Finance team
- Proven experience in Managing Processes, ERP, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management