A rewarding and challenging position
As a Contracts Manager you will provide commercial and contract management support to the Banking and Capital Markets Business Unit.
Perks at working at CGI
- CGI hold several nominations, such as the Best Workplace to work in Technology (2019-2020), Forbes World’s Best Employers 2020, Great Place to Work® Certified Canada (2019-2021), and many more recognitions around the world;
- Flexible health spending and insurance benefits program, CGI-subsidized Share Purchase Plan and annual Profit Participation Plan;
- Career development program.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the negotiation, communication and documentation of business terms, service level agreements and commitments with our clients and key CGI representatives in accordance with the client contracts and CGI standard practices
- Act as resource for contract interpretation and liaison between CGI teams
- Identify the elements to be conveyed to appropriate CGI members and ensure that the CGI members understand and take responsibility for their contractual commitments (i.e.: milestone payments, security requirements, DR/BCP requirements, service level penalties, pricing and payment terms, etc);
- Act as a point of contact for business questions on contracts and legal issues; obtain background info, respond and escalate to Legal Counsel as required;
- Collaborate with other internal teams to ensure all delivery/ project information is captured within the contract
- Determine specific approaches to problem resolution in consultation with Legal Counsel; convey options to CGI management;
- Escalate internally as required any terms that fall outside of the agreed internal range;
- Review, edit, and provide alternate wording on contract amendments, teaming agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders and other documents as required in line with CGI’s acceptable risk profiles;
- Advise on subcontracting arrangements and be able to identify and assess relevant contractual ‘flow down’ terms based on master agreements; and
- Review and report on various client and vendor amendments, renewals and other agreements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience as a Vendor or Contract Manager is preferred; experience in understanding Service Level Agreements is a must.
- 2-4 years experience in dealing directly with Clients (Banking industry experience a bonus)
- 2-4 years experience in working with and creating legal documentation (i.e.: contracts, SLA’s), negotiations, and detailed Client power point presentations
- The ability to comprehend, translate and use appropriate legal terminology
- Working knowledge of contracting and business and financial principles (e.g. revenue projections, liability, stranded costs and other implications of contracts)
- Practical, efficient and responsive; excellent communication and organizational skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills including interpreting complex concepts and evaluating internal risks
- Able to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work independently as well as in and across teams
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.