Epson America Inc.Los Alamitos, CA6 days ago
The Contracts Manager is a key member of the Legal Department, assisting in the engagement of vendors and customers across all departments and driving processes and practices to improve the efficiency of our Legal team. The primary focus of the Contracts Manager role will be to provide expertise in negotiating and drafting a variety of business contracts, and to bring knowledge, experience, and leadership to drive operational performance in the Legal organization.
- In addition to the following Epson policies and procedures, the Contracts Manager’s principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing intake from internal clients for contract requests, independently reviews, and drafts contractual terms and conditions requested by internal clients and escalating significant legal issues to the department lawyers.
- Negotiating amendments, addenda, SOW’s and project statements, and improving use of templates
- Working directly and independently with internal departments to coordinate and facilitate contractual requirements, and consolidating multiple sources of information into a comprehensive contract inclusive of all stakeholder input
- Assisting with all aspects of contract execution, including preparation of exhibits, collection of notarization/apostilles, and the DocuSign/signature process
- Ensuring accurate tracking, approvals and record keeping through the Legal Department database and workflow system
- Participating in department projects and making recommendations and contributions to process improvement initiatives
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes and efficiency with the Legal team’s systems, software, technologies and controls
- Works under the general supervision of a department lawyer
- May include support for Latin America contracts and supporting CARs requests for the LATAM region
What you will bring:
- 8-12 years of increasingly responsible experience in contract administration and interpretation including paralegal work
- Completion of an undergraduate program or equivalent experience (B.A. or B.S.).
- Spanish language bilingual preferred
- Must have strong legal sense and previous work experience working with large scale contracts
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Must have ability to make sound interpretations
- Ability to negotiate with varying levels and strong communications skills both written and verbal
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.