Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Commercial Legal Team at Pinterest negotiates Pinterest’s inbound and supplier agreements. We are looking for a Contracts Manager with a strong background in independently negotiating a high volume of low risk standard form commercial vendor agreements. As the first point of contact for internal business partners you will be responsible for ensuring our clients understand what we do and why we do it (through communication, training, documentation, etc.) and ensuring that our clients have a seamless, efficient and positive experience. The position will perform legal review and negotiation of our low spend, low risk commercial vendor agreements, provide back-up/overflow coverage for our Specialty Agreements (Events/Speaker Agreements, Communities Agreements, Confidential Agreements), as well as assist the Senior Contracts Manager with the day-to-day operations of Ironclad assignments for contracts analysts. This role will also provide support in a Lead capacity, providing coaching/mentoring, training, and audit of contracts analysts work. You should have experience working with templates, be able to effectively identify gaps and/or redundancies in processes, provide solutions and recommendations to solve potential issues, and effectively implement new processes.
What you’ll do:
- Triage and perform legal review and negotiation of our low risk commercial vendor agreements
- Provide back-up and overflow support for specialty agreements (i.e. speaker/event agreements, communities agreements, confidential agreements, etc.)
- Lead with a “business first” attitude that ensures our clients have a seamless, efficient and positive experience with the Commercial Legal Team.
- Partner closely with contracts managers to develop processes and systems to scale globally
- Proactively develop and update business processes for identified waste and re-work to help prepare the Commercial Legal team to scale globally
- Provide guidance, mentorship to team members, as well as develop and train contract analysts on new work processes or initiatives
- Review and audit work of contracts analysts to identify where there may be areas for improvement
- Field questions from attorneys, contracts analysts and contract managers or XFN business partners on our business processes or Ironclad questions
- Act as a liaison to XFN business partners for escalated matters
- Monitor the Contracts-Legal alias (email inbox) and NDA alias and workflows and respond promptly and thoroughly to queries received
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience negotiating commercial vendor agreements (preferably with at least 1 year in-house)
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- You are able to distill and communicate highly nuanced legal positions within Pinterest in a clear, concise, compelling manner
- You consistently exhibit strong judgment in ambiguous or challenging situations
- A collaborative team player who likes nurturing business relationships and fostering an environment where ideas and creative thinking is encouraged
- A problem solver who can anticipate needs and offer solutions
- Experience in building processes to scale a growing commercial team (including template and provision libraries, automation in review, standard responses, and playbooks)
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.