General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS), a premier provider of ordnance, weapons and tactical systems to the US Department of Defense and allied nations, is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join our Saco, ME team.
We are about supporting the mission of the warfighter. Our products can be found with every U.S. military branch and with allies around the world. If you see yourself as a versatile individual, broadened experiences and career advancement are within your control.
- Maximizes effective and efficient allocation of resources for contract compliance through collaboration with Contract Administration.
- Receives requests for proposals, initiates cost estimates, reviews contract terms and conditions, submits quotations, negotiates military and civilian customer contracts to meet company objectives and ensure efficient allocation of resources.
- Manages contract interpretation and assists with problem solving pertaining to shipment, payment or customer requirements for orders to ensure contract compliance.
- Performs role of functional expert for business area team to ensure timely and efficient application of resources.
- May supervise, as assigned, Contract Administrators to ensure customer contract quality and consistency.
- ERP system operation, customer B2B portals, and other computer/Internet applications.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable company procedures and applicable regulations.
- Working knowledge of company products.
- Thorough understanding of product pricing and cost estimating systems.
- May act in a supervisory role, as assigned, of lower-level employees, but also functions as an independent contributor.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
- Functions as an advisor to a unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations.
- Remains actively involved in daily operations to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships.
- Advanced understanding of principles, concepts, and practices and their application within discipline or function.
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines or functions.
Decision Making Impact:
- Failure to meet objectives may lead to the failure of a major program, initiative or significant organizational goal.
- Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects resulting in considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds.
Communication & Interaction:
- Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts.
- Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
Bachelors degree and equivalent experience.
8 or more years of applicable experience.
Finance relevant experience including, but not limited to, experience with FAR and DFARS regulations.
SBU product offerings, Contract analysis and interpretation, Contract compliance, Defense and high technology industries.