Contract Manufacturing Manager
Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led nutrition and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Contract Manufacturing area has gained increased significance within the organization as we seek a “Asset Light” strategy, which allows more access to capabilities we do not have in house and at the same time faster deployment of innovations by working with third party manufacturers, with minimal capital investments. The Contract Manufacturing Manager has the responsibility of leading that process and the commercial relationship with such Contract Manufacturing Managers.
In this role the Contract Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for maintaining the commercial relationship with current third-party manufacturers, negotiating cost savings, tendering businesses, running e-tenders and being a point of escalation for whenContract Manufacturing Managers do not comply with our standards or do not meet our quality and service criteria (with support from the operational procurement and planning teams who lead that process). The Contract Manufacturing Manager would assist on day to day matters including issues relating to Ingredients, Transportation, Quality, Payment & Volume adjustments. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for negotiation analysis and maintaining the relationship with the existing Third Party Manufacturing base, analyzing cost optimization opportunities within extended Supply Chain and assisting in the search, validation, & establishment of future outsourcing opportunities.
This role can be based as a hybrid position at our Westlake Village, CA office.
- Manage relationships
- Initiate and conduct accurate price forecasting for this portfolio
- Develop, monitor and track ongoing supplier performance data / KPIs
- Develop and track savings projects and partner with Procurement category managers to lead implementation of saving initiatives
- Ensure product safety and quality improvements from co-manufactures
- Improve customer service performance of co-manufactures
- Represents Third Party Manufacturing on Category Working Teams, 3PM run strategy Teams, Project and Innovation Teams as necessary
- Assist in the ongoing management of existing Third Party Manufacturing relationships
- Resolve payment issues
- Assure compliance with Dole’s record retention and business practices
- Review and evaluate 3PM cost sheets
- Ensure that all business partners are completely Quality and Responsible Sourcing compliant before any commercial transaction is initiated
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years broad based Supply Chain responsibilities
- Some Procurement and/or co-packing experience required
- Strong data analysis skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- You’re a born leader: You lead and take responsibility and ownership of your area, your innovations, your 3PMs and/or your category as the strategy maker.
- You’re a strategy guru: You will strategize with a base of suppliers and 3PMs figuring out what to allocate where, which partners to grow with and award more business, which 3PMs to exit.
- You’re a story teller: You understand our business and you want to make 3PMs and supplier more competitive, you need to be a compelling story teller so they understand why that is so important.
- You’re a changemaker: You think differently, challenge the status quo on how we buy to reduce costing and find better alternatives
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a Supply Chain discipline
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
- Up to 10% travel expected
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Hiring Pay Scale: $110,000 to $120,000
Dole Packaged Foods is committed to paying our Associates fairly and equitably. The pay rate offered will consider a wide range of factors, including but not limited to experience, education, accomplishments, and location. Pay scales are subject to review on a regular basis and will be updated as appropriate.