Contract Content Specialist
At Wilson, we are here to empower every human to live like an athlete. Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. We come together to win, grow, and celebrate. We all play for Team Wilson. We all have a role to play within our organization and are working towards the same goal. One team, one dream.
We believe that being an athlete isn’t something you do, it’s who you are. It’s a universal code of conduct, a way of seeing the world and how you show up every day. We seek out diverse voices and welcome all perspectives. Our team is composed of individuals with unique backgrounds, points of view and experiences. These perspectives create a rich and diverse culture in which we learn from one another through empathy and inclusion.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players, athletes, and our community is no small task. We are continually looking to add enthusiastic, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Together, we will create a better world through sport. Join us.
What You'll Do
This role works at the direction of the Manager to contribute to success of the Ecommerce and Digital Marketing teams. Plays essential role in Wilson’s Family of Brands’ content marketing initiatives.
- Write copy for Wilson-owned websites including wilson.com, demarini.com, slugger.com, evoshield.com, and atecsports.com, including integrated product & brand storytelling on shopping pages and long-form editorial pieces on our brand blogs
- Edit existing copy for readability, completeness of description, tone, search engine optimization (SEO), etc. to ensure compliance with brand standards
- Collaborate with business units to uncover new story opportunities – e.g., new product technologies, event recaps, how-tos and athlete spotlights
- Interview internal stakeholders as primary sources for blog posts
- Provide occasional event coverage, including conducting on-site interviews
- Own project tracking documents and assist with reporting
What We're Looking For
The candidate will have a minimum 2 years’ experience in a copywriting, communications or editorial role, preferably for an ecommerce brand or digital publication and a
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field preferred.
Additional qualifications will include:
- Exceptional understanding of the convergence of brand marketing, ecommerce and analytics to bolster the overarching brand initiatives and goals
- Working knowledge of SEO preferred
- Basic graphic design skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be willing to learn and write in compliance with the Brand Style Guide (based on AP Style Guide and industry best practices)
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable juggling multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Must be able to understand and integrate feedback coming from many different internal partners with diverse viewpoints and opinions
- Ideal candidate will be able to take initiative and present new ideas from a data-informed and consumer-driven perspective
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.