Content Writer, UX
AllstateChicaco, IL2 months ago
The UX Writer works within a team of practitioners to drive the communication and story-telling aspects of the UX/UI experience. Under the oversight of the Sr UX Writer and Associate Creative Director, they identify and design content activities within the product roadmap, aligning efforts with the larger business and development strategy. They also collaborate with the UX content team to define and grow Allstate content and to be an educator supporting the execution of quality content management, production, and strategy throughout the organization.
The UX writer is responsible for content the user encounters when navigating their way around a product. Be it a website, a mobile app or a piece of software, copy is crucial in guiding the user and helping them complete their desired actions.
The UX Writer possesses strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills that allow them to write for various types of digital work. Their toolkit should include experience writing UI copy, microcopy and consumer-facing copy and understanding the minute differences between them. The UX Writer will wear several hats, switching seamlessly from one type of writing to another across a user experience that can include consumer-facing materials like email, blogs, social media and online advertising.
The Allstate Experience Design team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Experience Designers, UX Writers, UX Researchers, Front-end Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions
- Ideate, write, manage and govern content within and around a product/business area
- Ensure Allstate brand consistency and quality in all work
- Ability to move content and other design activities forward despite uncertainty
- Participation in human-centered design workshops
- Work in a multi-disciplinary design team including Visual Designers, User Experience Architects, UX Researchers, Product Designers and more. Assist with content audits, inventories, and content mapping
- Ideate, write, manage and govern content within and around your products/business area
We think you will come to this role with:
- Must submit link to portfolio to be considered.
- A background in content strategy, management, copywriting, journalism, marketing, advertising, or other applicable writing experience.
- Experience with content management tools and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, including storytelling, writing, and presentation
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years as a UX writer, content strategist, content manager, or content designer (or equivalent work experience)
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think
- Enthusiasm and a passion for good content and how it can make our products and business better
- The ability to educate and advocate for user-focused content
- Ability to work collaboratively and think flexibly.
- Naturally curious, empathetic, humble and passionate about human-centered design.
- Ability to work across multiple methodologies and processes and help to improve upon them.
- Organized and able to manage personal and project timetables.
- Engaging and effective communicator of ideas.
- Keep up to date in respective fields by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing craft and successes.
- Inspire others with enthusiasm and work ethic.