Content Writer and Communications Specialist
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is a research and consulting firm that provides a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. ERG offers multidisciplinary teams with nationally recognized skills in engineering, science, economics, public health, informational technology, and communications.
We hire people with the best minds and then provide them with a vibrant and flexible environment in which to develop their careers. The qualified individual must be highly motivated with the skills to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
ERG seeks a Content Writer and Communications Specialist with strong copywriting and content development skills, with social media and digital marketing experience preferred. The successful candidate will have an eye for detail and creativity and be able to work collaboratively with our technical and creative teams to deliver exceptional content for our clients in the public sector. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about writing and creating content and is looking to build their career in a dynamic and fast-paced science and environmental communications team.
Beyond the qualifications listed below, if you feel that you have the necessary skills to excel in this role and be an asset to our multidisciplinary team, we welcome you to apply for this role. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples in a single PDF to be considered for this opportunity. You can also submit work samples by including a link to your professional website or portfolio in your resume or cover letter.
- Write and develop effective content/copy for a variety of clients and platforms, including social media, websites, blogs, fact sheets, reports, ad campaigns, infographics, and more
- Help team leads develop and execute outreach content and activities
- Work with our research, graphic design, and editing teams to create compelling visuals and graphics accompanying written content
- Provide coordination and administrative support for relevant projects and collaborate with team members to ensure timely and successful delivery of projects
- Help manage clients' social media content and activities and develop engaging social media strategies
- Conduct research and stay current with the latest trends in content marketing and digital media
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS in communications, English, digital marketing, journalism, environmental science, or a related field
- 1–3 years of experience in copywriting, content creation, and/or social media management
- Proven communication, writing, and content development skills
- Proven ability to make technical topics (science, policy) interesting and accessible without sacrificing accuracy
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle tight deadlines while ensuring high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- An eye for art direction and/or experience with creative production is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, social media management platforms, and content creation tools is a plus
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) profit sharing plan, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. The salary range for all positions depends on the years and type of experience.
ERG is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable EEOC and affirmative action regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. As such, successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams.
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is https://www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Skype, Teams, GoToMeeting, or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer might be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before providing confidential personal information associated with new employment.
If you’re a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or call (781) 674-7293.
As ERG is a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment and has clients who are committed to making the world a better place, ERGers are incredibly dedicated. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, the partnerships we foster, and the culture we value both within and outside of our organization.