Leaf Home has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Content Writer position to create meaningful and high-converting content across our four brands: LeafFilter, Leaf Home Water Solutions, Leaf Home Enhancements, and Leaf Home Safety Solutions. The mid-level Content Writer is responsible for creating original content to develop our brand's image, awareness, and customer engagement.
Reporting to the Director of Communications Planning, you’ll work closely with designers, project managers, internal stakeholders, product managers, and other teams as necessary, so strong collaboration and team-building skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with marketing teams and internal stakeholders to drive authentic, consistent content across multiple channels and platforms.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions to generate fresh ideas to support brand strategy.
- Have a deep understanding of the customer journey and how to deliver the right messages to the right people at different points within the customer journey.
- Find content gaps and work to execute content needs that solve customer pain points.
- Create highly compelling website, email, and offline content that drives sales initiatives, builds trust and credibility in the brand, and aligns with the overall brand’s tone, voice, and standards.
- Ensures all materials meet internal and external business standards, follows proper brand standards, and is consistent in terms of messaging and tone of voice.
- Write and self-edit for quality, consistency, clarity, brevity, and readability.
- Collaborate with external partners on SEO and Content Marketing to ensure consistent brand voice.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in English, Marketing Communications, Literature Studies, Creative Writing, Psychology, Sociology, Education, or equivalent education, training, and experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience producing high-quality content
- Intermediate understanding and application of SEO best practices
- Experience in writing original conversion-focused content, including engaging headlines, sub-headers, and body copy
- Experience in a combination of corporate, agency, or freelance environments
- Experience leading lower-level to mid-level corporate initiatives
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams while successfully and creatively meeting business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills, content development, and presentation
- Experience using WordPress to manage website content
- A portfolio of work and completed projects
- Highly creative, collaborative, eager to learn, and process-driven
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different stakeholders without “dropping the ball”.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment and have a “roll up your sleeves” and “today not tomorrow” mentality.
- Apply active listening skills through the ability to comprehend information presented and respond thoughtfully.
- Detail-oriented and can focus on the task at hand, no matter how minute, by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for communicating with internal and external parties in a manner that is both articulate and professional.
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, solve complex problems, and engage in reflection.
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic help through in-person, phone, email, and social media avenues that keeps the co-worker or customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to recognize, understand, and manage one’s own emotions as well as others, and foster positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Holding oneself responsible and being self-driven in accomplishing business goals, adhering to policies and being responsible for one’s own actions, performance, and decisions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- No travel required.
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements:
- Additional Hours May Be Required (Exempt Positions)
- Normal Office Environment
- Indoor work in a climate-controlled environment.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Are We Your Company?
Focused On Growth
Leaf Home is dominating the home improvement industry as we continue to grow. We work hard and play harder. For us, we strive to be better than the best and we want you to join in our success! With offices across the U.S. and Canada, our team is diverse and strong. From marketing to sales, installation, and service, we have the best team, right along with the best home solutions. We are committed to our employees’ growth, which we demonstrate by:
- Innovating, Always: Leaf is focused on providing cutting edge solutions, both for employees and customers
- Partnering With Our Customers: Building strong and trusted relationships is at the core of everything we do
- Empowering Employees: Our brand begins and ends with our people, and we provide opportunities for growth and success in a supportive environment
- Supporting Our Communities: Home is where the heart is, and we in turn strive to give back to the communities that our customers and employees call home What do we offer?
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 90 days
- 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off, Comprehensive Health, Wellbeing, and Financial Wellness Programs
- Childcare benefits to support families
- •Endless opportunity for growth and advancement. Just ask our current employees.
Other perks you need to know about:
- Employee assistance program – get 24/7 support in areas including legal, financial planning, and counseling.
- Employee discount marketplace – enjoy discounts on thousands of products, from cars to local attractions.
- Gym membership compensation – your insurance will help cover the cost of your gym membership!
- Groups like Vet Connect & the Women’s Committee to help you get involved and to provide resources for your success
Leaf Home Awards and Accolades: Leaf Home has been recognized as a top workplace by The Plain Dealer, is a multi-year recipient of Top Workplaces USA by Energage, and has been Certified™ by Great Place to Work®. A few of our brands have also earned accolades, including:
- LeafFilter and Leaf Home Safety Solutions have ranked on the annual Remodeling 550 list
- Leaf Home, LeafFilter, and Leaf Home Safety Solutions have been recognized on Qualified Remodeler magazine’s Top 500 list
- Leaf Home is a Smart Culture Awards honoree for its employee-focused culture
- Leaf Home is recognized as a growth leader on both the Inc. 5000 and Inc. 5000 Regionals: Midwest lists
For a full list of awards earned by our brands, please visit our website www.leafhome.com.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Leaf Home Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an environment that embraces differences and fosters inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Leaf Home Solutions will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran status, or physical/mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).