Nothing is more rewarding than innovating for animals.
ElleVet Sciences was created because we discovered a way to truly elevate the lives of animals and their owners by developing safe, effective hemp CBD + CBDA products. Our team’s combined backgrounds in science, medicine, business, and animal health reflects a dedication to animals through research and innovation. ElleVet is the only CBD + CBDA product proven to work in multiple clinical trials and is the leader in cannabinoid research and evidence-based products for pets. Currently conducting more than 40 R&D projects / clinical studies at leading universities and referral centers, our team is rapidly growing and expanding our business both domestically and internationally.
The secret to our success is simple, and the same as our company philosophy: Do the right thing, do what is best for animals, trust science, and always be learning.
The Content Writer is a talented writer who generates original content for our products, clients, and business. You will research topics and develop high-quality, engaging, informative content that will appeal to our audiences, including pet parents and veterinarians.
This position requires a skilled, science minded, tech-savvy writer who can create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience.
You will communicate across all channels (website, email, social media, print, etc.), engaging prospective and current customers in an effort to grow awareness and drive sales.
This role is an essential part of our brand building and customer engagement.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401(k) with company match
- 20 days of paid time off (PTO) per year & 9 company holidays
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discount on our products
- Flexible schedules and room for internal growth
- Dog friendly office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(other duties may be assigned).
- Generates research and pitches ideas for blogs, social media, website, case studies, whitepapers, landing page copy, newsletters, and review responses.
- Conceptualizes, writes, edits, publishes, proofreads, and promotes content.
- Maximizes site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) keywords.
- Stays current on industry trends for opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
- Interfaces with colleagues on planning, organizing, and content execution in a timely and efficient manner; Manages internal content calendar.
- Keeps knowledge-based articles and other self-service support content accurate, up-to-date and on brand, while proactively iterating and making improvements.
- Maintains content style and brand consistency across all products while keeping projects on schedule.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, and product, to develop compelling content aligned with current business objectives.
- Adapts and evolves cohesive language for a unified voice across products and channels.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging content marketing strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, critical, and creative-thinking skills required. Deep knowledge and understanding of communication for different audiences and writing styles.
- Superb writing and editing skills with the ability to translate complex topics and scientific or technical language into compelling marketing communications for a variety of audiences. A strong command of grammar, spelling, and both business and APA writing styles.
- Creative and tech-savvy.
- Familiarity with SEO techniques and keyword research tools.
- Comfortable working and engaging with all levels of the organization to identify, understand, and address communication needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills. A self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Curious, empathetic, and energized about elevating the lives of animals and their owners.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Business Science, or related field required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working within an in-house marketing and/or creative team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Normal office environment with regular computer use.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ElleVet Sciences is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain fully vaccinated.