Content Strategy Expert
We are looking for a talented and self-driven Senior Content Strategist with a UX focus to join the Alibaba.com Design team in Sunnyvale, California. The team consists of a diverse group of product designers, creative designers, content strategists, and user researchers. You’ll be working closely with our designers, product managers, developers, and business teams. This is an incredible opportunity to positively impact millions of people through our leading B2B e-commerce platforms across North America, Europe, South East Asian, Asia, etc.
As a Content Strategist, you will contribute to building foundational content strategy infrastructure, style guides, and processes to help define, implement, and oversee writing and content standards at Alibaba.com. You will also collaborate with individuals across different teams with diverse backgrounds to identify solutions that strike a balance between overarching business goals and a smooth user flow on our platforms. The successful candidate should be resourceful, comfortable in facing adversity, and adapt to change quickly.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Plan, write, and edit product copies and content, including (but not limited to) interface language, product names, educational materials, microcopies, product marketing materials, emails, and tutorials.
- Create, document, and maintain foundational content strategy, writing guidelines and term base to be used across the organization and ensure consistent product experiences.
- Identify content opportunities and offer strategic and innovative solutions to influence decisions at all levels of the organization and advocate for the user throughout the product development process.
- Participate in user research and synthesis to understand the audiences' needs and balance them with business goals.
- Bachelor's degree and above in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Creative Writing.
- 3+ years of relevant user-focused writing and strategy, specifically on digital products.
- Native English fluency; Chinese proficiency as plus
- Experience in designing and delivering successful products for web and mobile platforms
- Experience working in the B2B or e-commerce industry
- Experience working with a cross-border, global team with the ability to embrace change, and work with flexibility and agility.
- Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders across functions and time zones.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $119,640/year and $195,600/year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.