We’re seeking an out-of-the-box UX thinker and copywriter to help us transform the experience of finding and using legal services, making it simple enough for anyone to understand and dare we say, even enjoy?
As our first full-time copywriter, your role matters — a lot. You’ll join our small but rapidly growing team, helping us bring our brand to life, both in our product and in select marketing materials. Reporting to our Director of Design, you should be a seasoned UX/UI writer and content strategist known for deep collaboration, strong cross-functional partnerships, and an eagle-eye attention to detail.
If you’re an optimistic user experience copywriter who can tell stories, push boundaries and wants to bring a fresh perspective to what many see as a stuffy, old-fashioned industry, let’s talk.
Note: this role includes working with UK-based teams, so early risers and/or East-Coasters are strongly encouraged to apply!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft clear, accurate, compelling and conversational copy across our mobile/web apps, product emails, SMS notifications and more
- Leverage data and user research insights, as well as your own knowledge and experience, to inform content design that meets both user goals and business objectives
- Collaborate and partner effectively with product managers, marketing gurus, user experience designers, legal/compliance, developers and leadership to align on content objectives, complete your deliverables and secure required approvals
- Master the Rocket Lawyer voice and develop/evolve the UX style guide
- Self-manage projects and own the process of how to work with you
- Edit language directly in designs & QA/proofread your own work to ensure it’s error-free
- 3+ years as a copywriter, content strategist, content designer or equivalent, with at least 2 of those years including a UX/UI focus
- Deep familiarity with user-centered design principles, as well as an approach to writing that considers not just the copy but also the design and visuals (i.e., you know that sometimes images, context and/or interactions communicate better than words)
- Ability to simplify complex concepts into coherent, concise language
- Strong aptitude for working in teams and collaboration with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills for communicating on process as well as helping team members understand your strategy
- Ability to manage projects and relationships across multiple teams
- Experience writing for mobile and/or mobile responsive designs
- Familiarity with Figma (or similar software such as Sketch), or a desire/ability to learn
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- Passion for user research and metrics that track product successes
- Experience writing for legal products, about legal issues or a related topic
- Ability to get on compliance’s good side
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC