Penske Media, owner of over 20 leading media brands, is looking for a talented individual to join the video team at The Hollywood Reporter to fill the role of Content Manager in our LA or NY Office. This role is an integral part of the video team, responsible for the distribution and viewership of the slate of content that the video team produces, including News, Roundtables and more.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, mission-based company and make an immediate impact on a growing team, comprised of producers, hosts, editors, and strategists. You will be responsible for making sure all shows and videos are properly formatted and distributed across all platforms. It is a key driver of viewership for all videos being released! This is a dynamic role that requires an eye for content, analytical thinking, and attention to detail. Being nimble, creative and willing to do what’s needed to get content rolled out and posted appropriately will fuel your success in this role and lead to growth opportunities within a team that loves to build careers.
- Work with video team to manage the flow of videos to various platforms to drive video views and consumption across platforms.
- Work with video production team to align with rollout of videos.
- Create scheduling docs that help organize the rollout of content.
- Handle uploading of video content and scheduling content on various platforms.
- Write headlines, creating keywords and descriptions for videos.
- Ensure proper tracking and metadata is in place for all videos
- Create Youtube thumbnails and descriptors.
- Work with social and bus dev teams to format and distribute content appropriately for each platform and partner
- Monitor and track traffic of videos on THR.com and social sites.
- Bachelor's degree
- Should have a minimum 3 years of similar experience in digital space
- Editing experience, Adobe Premiere experience preferred
- Familiarity with Wordpress, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok and other social platforms
- Self-starter who is used to working with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Ability to produce content rapidly
- Analytical thinking and ability to read and summarize viewership reporting for broader teams
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus
Typical wage range: $65k - $65k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.