Content Integration Assistant Intern
The Thales Content Integrator is a professional with expert knowledge of the Thales Group’s integration systems and processes committed to leading the production of monthly Inflyte Entertainment (IFE) content packages for the company’s airline customers on time and without incident. The Content Integrator oversees multiple accounts and works on tasks that directly provide content deliverables to airline customers with Thales IFE Systems. Overall work consists of steps that build the individual airline content sets in the Content Integration Process. Tasks include the QA/QC of files by inspection using software tools for objective analysis, quality assessment by visual and audio evaluation of files for subjective analysis, data entry, linking of assets and assignments in the DCMS, copying of files, creation of duplicate hard-drives, use of comparative analysis software tools, rack validation, and various workflow tasks that move forward the operations to meet the monthly shipment due dates. The Content Integrator must also communicate necessary account information to both Thales departments and external Content Service Providers in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs inspections of both video and audio files in order to assure adherence to company specifications, reporting of any anomalies so that the files can be classified for re-do and rejection
- Performs any quality issues of the video and audio files that are not matching to specifications
- Inputs data into the Media Lab Equipment e.g. Digital Content Management System (DCMS), in the form of metadata (synopses and images), as well as linking assets
- Adhere to the processes and standards by filling out the proper QA/QC checklist/router as per airline specifications, as maybe needed for the completion of tasks or reporting/audit purpose
- Performs rack validation as needed, by following the Grid specifications for what should be displayed on the Passenger Graphical User Interface (PAX GUI) and verifies anomalies to determine fixes
- Assists team leadership with troubleshooting efforts, and, in the absence of a Lead, perform Peer Reviews when necessary
- Utilizes Media Lab Equipment to duplicate contents on the hard-drives to ship out to the Airlines/Maintenance Teams and ensure traceability of hard-drives (to and fro media office).
- Operates various software tools to enable content integration e.g. Manzanita Stream Analyzer, Beyond Compare, VLC Player, MD5 Checksum tool, etc
- Anticipate potential issues pertaining to specification during the integration process
- Ensure Media Lab Equipment is in good working condition
- Comfortable working with digital files and related software systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses attention to details and adaptable to changes
- Customer interface/liason is expected to be minimal, however, the Content Integrator will be intrinsically tied to the Media Manager and Content Service Provide for any account assigned
- Based on the account assigned, the Content Integrator position can generate between $10,000 - $500,000 per month in fees from customers
Minimum Requirements: Skills, Experience, Education, Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Certifications, Language:
- Associates Degree in related field, or a High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) Diploma with at least 2 years of experience with IFE systems or an equivalent business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possesses proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various stakeholders
- Able to build and establish foundation in any account assigned for employee commitment to change
- Prior experience juggling multiple projects at one time
- Prior experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Prior experience working in a digital environment, moving files between various folders and systems, and a general comfort level with the basics of computer science
- Familiarity with SAP, Primavera, Version One and JIRA a plus
Special Position Requirements
- Schedule: Flexible
- Physical Environment: Office
- Travel: None required
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.)
Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with [a] criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Successful applicant must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.