Content Design Manager
The Dropbox Content Design team helps build amazing experiences for millions of people. Content Design is an essential part of the design process at Dropbox, and our team of Content Designers and managers embed within product teams. We work closely with product designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to create intuitive, delightful products and features that transform the way people work.
We’re looking for a skilled, supportive manager to join our design leadership team. You would work on a variety of surfaces, lead a group of curious, innovative, and skilled content designers, and contribute to defining a holistic vision for Content Design at Dropbox.
- Manage, mentor, and guide a team of Content Designers
- Collaborate with fellow leads to set strategy for our team
- Help drive strategy and planning for your product groups
- Maintain and raise the quality bar for our writing, by keeping our writing clear, consistent, human—and Dropboxy
- Find opportunities for Content Design to shine by leading projects, working on high impact initiatives, and contributing strategically
- Manage priorities to serve business needs while supporting, inspiring, and motivating content designers
- Foster cohesive content design across products and platforms (web, desktop, mobile)
- Work closely with product design, research, brand, engineering, product, and marketing partners
- 7+ years writing experience
- 3+ years in-product writing experience
- 2+ years managing people and initiatives
- Experience building style guides and language systems
- Excellent communication skills
- A content design portfolio (please send with your application)
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $130,900 - $154,000 - $177,100.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).