Content Creator Social Summer 2021
NokiaAustin, TX17 days ago
We are seeking a Social Media writer for our Content team. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting thoughtful, engaging social posts and any copy embedded within images, videos and animations for use on several NSW Internal and External Channels. You will work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where creativity, quality and results are expected.
In this new role, you will work with the content team and with our product teams to create new posts, scripts and visuals that help people understand our products, markets and customers.
Summer 2021 term
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality social content (for our internal digital channels)
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of product team’s social content
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: employee training, recognition and rewards for participation in the company’s marketing and online review building).
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate insights and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (product teams, sales, etc.) to manage messaging needs and coordinate actions
- Excellent writing, editing, collaboration, and communication skills
- Experience writing specifically for web, video, LinkedIn, social platforms, and collaborating with producers, art directors, UX and subject matter experts
- Ability to express ideas clearly
- Working knowledge of social media analytics and publishing tools.
- Ability to take technical content and make it easy for non-technical audiences to understand
- Experience reviewing your own work with others
- Manage content projects and communicate status proactively
- Ability to create and revise copy quickly, and to articulate the message to stakeholders
- Extreme attention to detail, and the ability to filter and focus on what’s important
- Clear and simple writing that speaks to customers in their own language
- A commitment to meet deadlines and keep project managers in the loop
- Collaborative and a phenomenal teammate
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must have creative and strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources to develop content
- Is media savvy and understands the latest digital media techniques
- Able to categorize, collate and organizationally link content
- Working Knowledge of modern content creation and publishing tools such as WordPress, SharePoint or Drupal
- Willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes
- Pursuing a BA, BS, or master’s degree in communication, advertisement or related field
What's in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Fully stocked break room with snacks, drinks and games
- Unlimited access to onsite gym, volleyball court, and basketball court
- Team-building events and outings
- Working in a diverse, open and fun culture
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.