Content and Communications Specialist
St. David's Center is regional leader in child and family development, working to create a healthy, vibrant society in which every member fully contributes to its success. We offer therapeutic, educational, and support services, including mental health and pediatric therapies, autism treatment, home visiting, an inclusive preschool, and disability services. Over 4,000 children and families access these services at our two early intervention centers in Minneapolis and Minnetonka, more than 30 partner sites, and hundreds of homes across the community.
Our Community Relations and Development team is responsible for marketing, communication, public relations, advocacy, and fundraising for the organization. We hit enrollment targets, reach audiences with relevant information, position St. David's Center as a thought leader in child development and early intervention, advocate for changes in public policy to benefit children and families, and raise $2.3 million annually.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Co-develop and implement an annual communication strategy that includes content creation, media outreach, and communications consistent with organization goals and initiatives.
- Work within Community Relations team, with service leaders and/or key delegates, and our strategic recruiter to create content that achieves marketing goals, including service line marketing, workforce recruitment, and organization positioning.
- Write engaging copy for the website, blog, social media, case studies, video scripts, infographics, print publications, newsletters, and other assets, including client, staff, volunteer, and donor stories.
- Serve as a key tactical writer and editor for the organization.
- Support the work of the agency's advocacy team, generating content and ensuring our audiences are and remain engaged throughout the legislative session.
- Research, write, submit, stir interest in, and track traction on press releases, building and maintaining relationships with members of the media.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team, optimizing content for SEO and accessibility.
- Remain well-informed of communications trends, and support and work effectively in communications logistics.
This position provides the opportunity to change lives in an environment that values curiosity, diverse perspectives, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration as necessary to achieving exceptional results. Because we respect the professional goals and individual needs of our employees, we invest in career growth and professional development, offer competitive pay, and provide a customizable benefits package.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional writing and strategic communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and an ability to work just as well under pressure as with long lead time, consistently meeting deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask is critical, as is creativity, organization, self-motivation, and a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external audiences.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday.
Compensation (Pay/Benefits): The pay range for this position starts at depending on qualifications, $58,934 - $65,483. This position is benefits eligible, including health and dental insurance, health savings account with an employer contribution, flexible spending accounts, and retirement account with matching contribution. We offer generous PTO, agency vacation days, paid holidays, professional development funds, a childcare discount, and eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Education: BA in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Experience: At least two years of experience in content development and/or communications.
- St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
All new employees will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated (not to include booster doses at this time) or have an approved exemption before their start date.