Content Acquisition & Programming Coordinator
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team
The Global Content Acquisitions team is responsible for sourcing and executing innovative content licensing deals across a range of content types and business models for the ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) and FAST live/linear components of The Roku Channel across US and international territories.
About the role
The Content Acquisition & Programming Coordinator will support the Roku Channel’s programming team across the FAST and VOD business.
For California Only - The estimated hourly rate for this position is between $27.88 and $53.37 per hour.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location.
This role is eligible for health insurance, equity awards, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, wellness benefits, and paid time off.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide administrative support to VP, Content Acquisition & Programming including calendar management, expense reconciliation and cross-functional logistical project support
- Interface and coordinate meetings with both internal and external partners
- Own market scheduling and planning (NATPE, MIPCOM, BANFF) for Content Acquisition & Programming team
- Manage the Roku Channel’s Content Submission email inbox, forwarding submissions to the right internal partners, logging incoming submissions into Airtable and tracking feedback
- Organize programming grids/plans across select FAST Channels using proprietary tools
- Run point on team meeting logistics including - collecting and compiling multi-department agenda items, taking notes and following-up on deliverables following meetings.
- Participate in screening new movies and series as submissions come in and giving feedback
We’re excited if you have
- BA/BS required, with specialization in Media/Communications, Business Administration, Finance a plus
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience at a media/entertainment/tech company
- Demonstrated strength in Microsoft Office Suite - specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Airtable experience an asset
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong, effective communicator
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.