Consumer Insights Manager
A Career in Beer and Beyond:
Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company is to brew beverages that unite people to celebrate all life’s moments. We’ve been brewing iconic brands for over 350 years and are now proud to be offering a modern portfolio that expands beyond the beer aisle.
We are Talent Brewers with our culture routed in our core Values. We believe in our brands and our people, and that diversity WITH inclusion is the key to a winning team culture. We want you to join our team of brand ambassadors who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get excited about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In Marketing Insights at MolsonCoors, we infuse human empathy and understanding into brand-building and innovation initiatives:
- We listen closely to the wants, needs, hopes & fears of others. We seek to understand people so deeply that we are compelled to act on their behalf.
- We understand the collision between people, culture, technology, and commerce in ways that make our marketing more relevant in today’s complex marketplace.
- We advance capability building against industry headwinds through pacesetting research that inspires our marketers to build brands with purpose that connect with people.
- We have subject matter expertise & are the connective tissue between our consumers & brands. We lead the development of customized learning plans in service of brand imperatives that aim to build up volume, share & brand health & continue to strengthen our consumer led & purpose-first approach.
- We are seen as an extension of & key collaborators with Brand/Innovation teams but with a different purview & POV.
Specifically, this Consumer insights manager role will be a key part of our Above Premium Flavor insights team. This team supports the Topo Chico Hard Seltzer, Vizzy Hard Seltzer, and Simply Spiked Brand Teams as well as our Emerging Brands portfolio across the US and Canada. This role would lead one or more of these brand team partnerships.
Tasks would include:
- Plan, design and conduct various consumer research studies as directed by the Marketing Insights Sr. Manager. This includes vendor/partner sourcing, evaluating cost/benefit tradeoffs in research design, leading internal cross-functional collaboration to execute and generate insights to drive decision making.
- Synthesize multiple data sources, both primary and secondary, to drive strategic recommendations. Provide analysis and associated recommendations to teams.
- This role will be responsible for integrating multiple data sources such as Brand Health tracking, IRI Panel, IRI point-of-sale, and Numerator while also conducting custom quantitative research and qualitative research projects to inspire and inform our brand and marketing teams.
- They will assist in the creation of consumer immersions or ethnographies to better understand our consumers.
- Successfully manage existing vendor / partner relationships.
- Collaborate to set the consumer learning agenda for each year including strategy, creative testing, and answering key questions. Using a toolkit of research approaches, this role is a key influencer on managing risk and encouraging reapplication of proven successes. Charged with balancing rigor and speed in pursuit of a learning agenda that will lead to the best propositions.
- Driving and maintaining consistent approaches to consumer research across all elements of brand and marketing. Lead new methodologies and approaches that maximize value for the investment & stay on top of new approaches to get the best consumer learning possible.
- Be the voice of the consumer and partner with the brand team to continuously reach the best outcomes and grow the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience (4+ years) in the field of CPG Marketing
- Strong primary and secondary research skills
- MBA preferred (social sciences, research focus preferred)
- Strong analytics skills
- Brand marketing fundamentals
- Innovative and thinks outside the box
- Growth mindset
- Strategic thinking on the forefront of new trends; looking for the next new thing
- Ability to work independently and lead brand partnership
- Ability to translate insights into action
- Ability to influence
- Ability to be a strong voice of the consumer
- Clear, concise communication & story telling through data
- Strong collaboration with different levels & cross-functional groups in an org
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance including a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office
- We care about our People and Planet and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around our key priorities
- We care about our communities, and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401k option with incredible employer match, generous paid time off plans, an engaging Wellness Program, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with amazing resources
- On site Pub, access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events and, of course... free beer and beverages!
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Job Posting Grade: 11
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.