Compliance Risk Management Lead - Vice President
As a Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR) Vice President, you will effectively partner with Line of Business (LOB), global/regional Compliance teams, Legal, Internal Audit, Operational Risk, Finance & Business Management and other Control functions. Position requires you to have knowledge and experience in Compliance, as well as familiarity with regulatory and/or audit best practices.
In this role you will act as an independent second line of defense and challenge function to the Equities Markets and Equity Syndicate businesses within the Corporate & Investment Bank LOB and be required to closely interact with the LOB and global/regional and functional CCOR teams and key stakeholders, including Legal, Internal Audit, Finance & Business Management and other Control functions.
- The identification of the compliance and conduct risks inherent within the syndicate business, related to IPOs, follow-on/secondaries and block trades.
- Act as independent second line of defense and challenge function to Equity Markets and Equity Syndicate, raising issues for the front office to remediate through action plans and partnering with the front office process owners in control design, control evaluation, and issue management of compliance and conduct risks.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships with front office personnel, business management, control managers, legal, technology and business aligned Corporate Functions.
- Working proactively with the front office to maintain, enhance and develop an effective control environment and supervisory program.
- Working with business control management to ensure the front office maintains effective written supervisory procedures.
- Assisting the team with reporting, metrics, project management and conducting compliance risk assessments.
- Developing and performing reviews designed to effectively monitor the activities conducted by the front office and other support groups.
- Drafting and maintaining Compliance policies, procedures and bulletins reasonably designed to support compliance with applicable regulatory obligations, corporate requirements and industry best practices.
- Designing and delivering training to support compliance with applicable regulatory obligations, the firm’s compliance-related policies and procedures and industry best practices.
- Collaborating with business and other control functions to gather information and review responses to regulatory examinations, audits, investigations, inquiries, and other information requests.
- Independently managing projects necessary to support initiatives both within the CCOR and across the firm globally.
- Assisting the team in identifying and escalating issues through formal escalation channels and facilitating timely and effective resolutions.
- Interacting regularly with colleagues in other lines of business and other regions on regulatory matters, cross border questions, and formulating consistent approaches on corporate regulatory policies.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills
- 5-7 years’ experience within an investment bank, law firm or regulator covering syndicate trading.
- Extensive knowledge of SRO and SEC rules and regulations relating to equity syndicate (i.e. SEC Regulation M and FINRA Rules 5130, 5131, 5190, etc.) Sales and Trading.
- Ability to work both independently and as a core team member.
- Excellent research, analysis, written and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented; possess a high-level of attention to detail and quality for their work product.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans