Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
We are looking for an exceptional AML Compliance Program Manager specializing in payments compliance to join our dynamic legal and compliance team.
What You’ll Do
You will be the day-to-day owner of our AML compliance program: partnering to manage risk assessments, audits, policies and training. You will work closely with the legal and compliance team and business units to deeply understand the product and services we offer in the payments space and ensure our compliance program is built around these. You have a deep understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering Act and Bank Secrecy Act and other relevant regulations which will allow you to manage a library of culturally aligned, actionable policies and procedures.
As an expert of AML and BSA will also enable you to support our internal teams. You will be a creative and agile thinker who is the first point of contact for escalations and questions, helping colleagues understand how to work with customers and consumers compliantly and effectively. You’ll also build and deliver a training program to get teams the knowledge they need and build strong relationships across the business.
You’ll also help out with other payments compliance related projects when needed!
What We’re Looking For:
- Judgment: Consistently demonstrate sound compliance and business judgment in a way that builds trust and confidence in the Legal & Compliance team.
- Commitment; Flexibility and Adaptability: Have a willingness to truly understand a complex and rapidly-evolving business. Quickly adjust and re-prioritize based on changing conditions and opportunities.
- Communication: Communicate clearly in a focused and succinct manner with a message that is appropriately tailored for the specific audience.
- Teamwork and Enthusiasm: Be collaborative, passionate and positive, especially in high stakes or stressful situations.
- Urgency: Have a bias toward action and the ability to work under high demand and within compressed time frames.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in compliance and management of AML compliance programs.
- Thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and industry codes of practice applicable to financial services.
- CAMS certification.
- Experience counseling senior management and company employees regarding compliance risks.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- The ability to build relationships and institute organizational change among leaders of departments outside compliance.
Good to Have
- Experience working as AML professional in MSBs and fintech companies.
- Strong experience counseling senior managers in AML and related risks.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.