Compliance Investigations Manager
Conducts and manages internal investigations under direction of Director, Internal Investigations. Collaborates with cross-functional partners including Asset Protection, Employee Relations, Privacy, Legal and Audit relating to investigation handling and reporting. Creates relevant tracking reports regarding case status and assists in management of case management system. Provides management support of program elements including governance, policies, monitoring, training and reporting.
- Manages and conducts investigations under the direction of Director, Internal Investigations.
- Drafts investigation case summaries and works with Legal counsel as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline reporting of investigations.
- Assists in development of standards and/or charters for WBA or divisional disciplinary review committees.
- Designs KPIs and reports for management and BOD to highlight investigation trends.
- Effectively maintains collaborative working relationships to achieve increased satisfaction with, and participation in, the compliance program.
- Develops and coordinates training relating to investigation processes; may create job aides or other tools as needed.
- Coordinates with Training team and International and RPU Compliance leads to address systemic or process improvements identified during the course of investigations.
- Coordinates with Data Analytics/Monitoring team to design periodic monitoring and review of investigation data
- Maintains up to date compliance expertise, skills and competency regarding evolving laws, regulations, guidance and directives impacting Walgreens product offerings.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in a legal, consulting, audit regulatory, research or compliance role.
- Experience conducting research.
- Experience conducting investigations and the investigation process.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community, and with vendors.
- Knowledge of health care compliance regulations.
- Experience working both independently and within a team environment.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with case management or other tracking systems.
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Healthcare Privacy
- At least 5 years of experience in a legal, consulting, audit regulatory, research or compliance role.
- Knowledge of the principles of health information management
- Experience in a hospital, healthcare, and/or compliance setting.
- Juris Doctorate
An employee in this position can expect a salary between $98,900 and $158,200 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable, will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits