Who We Are
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
- INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
- EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners’ trust.
- INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
- COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
- INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
What You’ll Do
To assist our Business Operations team, we are seeking an entry level Compliance Associate to process our domestic and international direct and third-party sales. The team member will ensure compliance with internal and external regulations and provide follow up and oversight to ensure an accurate and efficient ordering process. This person should be one that is willing to learn and grow within the organization.
These are key actions integral to the day-to-day business operations with our customers across USA, Canada, the UK, and Asia.
- Manage a daily influx of Salesforce tasks that will include form generation, Purchase Order tracking, or reporting.
- Document and ensure compliance on processes for third-party Channel Partner sales.
- Serve as a resource for the Sales team to guide the documentation of Salesforce orders.
- Become well-versed in Salesforce.
- Understand product and pricing strategy.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- Process documents for signatures through DocuSign.
Who You Are
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of an internship or 1 year of professional experience in similar role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task between multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused – able to effectively communicate with all levels both internally and with external customers.
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience.
- Prior experience with CRM systems, or Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- You are always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- You have a sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- You have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.