The Compliance Analyst assists in maintaining an effective compliance program for Orlando Health which consists of areas related to compliance, privacy and information security and internal audit. Specifically by promoting (a) compliance communication; (b) compliance education; (c) use of the confidential compliance hotline; (d) ethical and legal behavior (e) an awareness and understanding of the Code of Conduct, and (f) knowledge and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will enjoy researching & analyzing policies to foster an understanding of compliance to all Team Members at Orlando Health.
- Actively participates in the daily operations of the Compliance & Ethics department.
- Functions as a resource for team members, board members, providers, volunteers, students and other individuals authorized to act as representatives of Orlando Health on Compliance & Ethics matters.
- Becomes familiar with and functions as a resource on applicable laws, regulations and policies and procedures as assigned (e.g., Stark, anti-kickback, vendor relationships, HIPAA, conflicts of interest, etc.).
- Assists Internal Audit in the performance of compliance and operational audits.
- Assists in communicating the results of compliance and operational audits via written reports and oral presentations.
- Coordinates communication development of audit surveys and audit results analysis for various compliance programs. Assists in the development of compliance presentations, policies and procedures, worksheets and databases using relevant tools as required (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Assists with the management of reporting tools to ensure compliance operational activities are effective.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Represents Compliance & Ethics on organizational project teams and at management supported functions.
- Ensures, maintains and safeguards confidential, sensitive and propriety information.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Pursues professional development opportunities and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Works independently under general supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Keeps abreast of Orlando Health policies and procedures, current developments in healthcare compliance, and changes in local, state and federal laws as applicable.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service commitment with the ability to assist with education in front of diverse groups.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Associate’s degree and two (2) years of directly related work experience may substitute for the
- Bachelor’s degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) is preferred.
- Two (2) years of directly related work experience.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable and experienced with public speaking.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 1 year experience with researching and analyzing policies.