Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Austin, TX location in the OEC Office of Ethics and Compliance division.
As the Compliance Analyst, you’ll support developing, updating and maintaining basic and routine elements of Abbott’s compliance program at the franchise, business unit, divisional or corporate level. Support the revision and administration of OEC education and training (including supporting materials) and assists with the implementation and administration of division monitoring plan.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- The Analyst performs the following with significant supervision from the OEC Manager
- Supports and communicates with front line management to provide OEC and divisional policy interpretation and requirements, and assists with compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.
- Independently analyzes various business transactions to provide guidance, support and appropriate advice regarding any compliance matters associated with Abbott policies and industry standards.
- Supports execution of annual business unit monitoring plan with focus activities of highest risk including:
- Conduct live and retrospective monthly monitoring of increasing number of samples for therapy navigators across US for established risk areas based on a percentage of total interactions
- Identify Privacy related concerns specific to patient information collection, storage and HCP consent
- Identify opportunities in messaging and process improvements to the scripting and patient interactions
- Prepare monthly summary to business leaders
- Develops and maintains transactional compliance metrics and monitor compliance trends/results and advise on remediation plans and corrective actions.
- Assists in facilitating the routing for review of new and/or updated divisional policies, procedures and related forms.
- Reviews and provides feedback on routine business applications, including making decisions about whether programs are approved within policy guidelines.
- Delivers OEC training programs on OEC and divisional policies and procedures.
- Identifies basic legal and regulatory issues and elevates as appropriate.
- Develops knowledge of Abbott’s business and client areas supported.
- Bachelors in relevant field or 4+ years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with exposure to business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, governmental affairs, and/or finance.
- Advanced degrees in the following fields may substitute for additional years of experience JD, CPA, MBA, Masters relevant fields including Healthcare Administration, Life Sciences
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to Excel file management, PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience with data analytics. May include building, iterating, and managing reports and/or dashboards in relevant systems such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Consider business level proficiency in other languages.
- Experience working in Medicare/Medicaid, Joint commission, credentialing, medical device, life sciences industry preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Highly skilled at organizing and prioritizing.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels.
Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.