Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Compensation Manager to join our People team. The Compensation Manager will help define and drive our global compensation strategies to attract, reward, and retain our highly talented and EAGER team. They will partner closely with recruiters, hiring managers, people partners, and members of the executive team to understand our compensation needs and challenges. They will identify opportunities and create proposals to strengthen our compensation program based on Grammarly’s business goals, EAGER values, culture, and team.
As the Compensation Manager, you will have an ideal opportunity to build and evolve the total rewards operation of a quickly growing global company. You will manage total rewards in multiple global markets (the US, Canada, Germany, and Ukraine). You will harness your resourcefulness and creativity to meet challenges and be pragmatic in finding solutions. In addition to partnering with business leaders, you will coach and mentor a team of direct reports, hiring managers, and recruiters on our compensation philosophy.
- Within your first 30 days, you will dive deep into Grammarly’s current compensation programs. You will also get to know our talent and teams, as well as how they contribute to Grammarly’s success, while building relationships with key stakeholders to understand current challenges and concerns.
- By month three, you will begin to identify opportunity areas and execute on projects to continue to attract and retain talent globally.
- By month six, you will lead our annual compensation review process for both cash and equity globally.
- By the end of year one, you will have been instrumental in refining and implementing compensation programs in our various global markets.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has experience building compensation programs in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment where the business is constantly evolving.
- Has led and mentored a Compensation team through high-growth periods.
- Is comfortable implementing, iterating, and scaling compensation programs based on the changing market and needs of the business.
- Can influence executive leadership through a combination of deep subject-matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion for creating equitable and inclusive global programs.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and has a proactive affinity for breaking down complex problems and constructing meaningful solutions.
- Has experience leading compensation programs in global markets (in particular, Canada and Europe).
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, planning, and time management, all on a cross-functional scale.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $112,000 – $242,000/year; however, the base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.