The Compensation Lead is the primary Compensation Partner for select NBA business units and will closely partner with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition in delivering valuable, innovative, and compliant HR solutions to our internal business clients. This position is responsible for providing guidance, consult, and direction for all compensation related matters to key stakeholders in core NBA businesses. In collaboration with HR function leads as well as key stakeholders in Legal and Finance, the incumbent will drive fiduciary compliance in all compensation related matters. The Compensation Lead will bring thought leadership to help design global compensation strategy, disseminate and communicate compensation philosophy and best practices,
The ideal candidate would have:
- A strong consulting background, with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills and demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels and across channels within the organization
- Ability to drive deep quantitative analysis and derive insights from statistical results
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex subject matter to clients and collaborators
- Humility and adaptability to adjust priorities and approach according to business needs and market realities
- High level of business, financial, and analytical acumen
- Strong change management skills
- Exceptional levels of integrity, professionalism, and discretion in management of confidential information
- Partner closely with various teams within NBA, including HR Business partners to resolve complex compensation-related matters within the business, Talent Acquisition to help the NBA hire the top talent, core HR Leadership to develop and implement Compensation innovative compensation programs and practices, external vendors and partners to leverage resources, etc.
- Partner and consult with HR COE’s (Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, L&D, etc.), people managers, and internal business clients on compensation philosophy, guidelines, policies and practices through clear communication and collaborative relationships
- Manage projects using project management methodologies. Responsible for planning, execution and completion of assigned projects.
- Assist in the design and execution of short-term and long-term pay programs
- Establish rigorous analytics and metrics that measure the cost effectiveness of pay programs
- Diagnose compensation related processes to ensure operational effectiveness and governance
- Develop documentation detailing compensation plan structure and organizational pay practices
- Advanced degree (MBA or Masters in relevant field) preferred
- 2-7+ years' experience in Compensation consultation
- Expert skills in Excel Required; Advanced skills in MS Office suite
- Expert in financial and statistical analyses
- Must be able to influence and communicate with clients at all levels
Bachelor's degree with focus on Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, Science or similar backgrounds
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.