We are looking for a Compensation Director to administer a comprehensive set of compensation programs. This role will partner closely with HR teams and management by guiding methodology and a consistent message for compensation management and being an overall champion in fostering integrity and trust in the compensation philosophy for Dotdash Meredith. This position incudes a competitive base salary and a target bonus.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- 50% - Act as a consultant to HR teams and management to ensure that our compensation programs are internally equitable and externally competitive by leading methodology, communication, and training. Partner with HR teams on the annual compensation review process, compensation adjustments, and understanding the root cause of compensation issues and resolving effectively.
- 25% - Participate in external compensation survey data collection, analyze external market shifts, and provide recommendations to job architecture and salary bands. Research and evaluate industry trends and regulatory factors that affect compensation and surface those trends regularly.
- 15% - Create and maintain processes to ensure data integrity in Workday, administering compensation changes and job architecture.
- 10% - Build and generate recurrent and ad-hoc compensation reports and models, partnering with HR and Finance teams for the purposes of strategic decision-making. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: 4-year degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Management, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable
Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in Human Resources focusing on compensation and total rewards.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Workday experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in Media, technology or another organization with a large engineering population is highly preferred.
- Must be able to make compensation recommendations using customer friendly formats and language.
- A highly responsive creative problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Google Suite products; Knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation ("Dotdash Meredith", "the Company") to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees
Salary: $130.000 - $150.000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition,
Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance.