Compensation Analyst III
BASIC PURPOSE: The compensation analyst assists with planning, developing, and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures in order to be responsive to the company’s goals and competitive pay practices. This position is an integral part of a highly collaborative team and requires applicants who are able to communicate effectively with people of all job levels and personalities.
- Administers compensation programs for a growing workforce for various compensation programs and other incentive programs
- Acts as an internal consultant for the business, providing guidance in the area of Compensation, including competitive pay strategies, salary increase practices, bonus structures and pay for performance plans, promotion, and total compensation approaches
- Conducts benchmarking of internal jobs to assign pay grades/bands and to assign bonus and long-term incentive targets while ensuring internal alignment and consistency across departments and divisions
- Participates in third-party surveys to further validate pay grade placement and to also help the company stay abreast on best pay practices/trends
- Assigns appropriate job titles and job levels to standardize titles across the company and develop career path opportunities for employees
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis around pay grades, annual merit budgets, incentives targets, and wage compression, and can prepare executive-level reports that visually highlight key data insights that facilitate business operations and enable business leaders to make better decisions in their functional areas
- Performs audits of HRIS system compensation objects to ensure jobs are assigned correct pay grades and incentive targets; works with HRIS to develop business rules and other processes to streamline collaboration between HR functions
- Develops communications materials regarding annual compensation budgets, changes in compensation policies or practices, incentive plan schedules, processes and results
- Develops training materials, quick reference guides, and other communication materials; may be required to facilitate training as needed to supervisors and managers across corporate and field offices
- Works closely with HR business partners, business leaders, business intelligence, finance, and compensation vendors to execute compensation program design changes, as needed, to ensure alignment with company operational goals and future growth plans
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance
- Works closely with HR business partners and senior leaders to ensure FLSA compliance and equitable pay practices across corporate and field retail operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in a field such as human resources, business administration or finance is preferred
- Previous relevant work experience in compensation administration of 5+ years is strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience using Success Factors compensation module preferred
- Experience with external market analysis and thorough understanding of market data interpretation
- Experience with Success Factors compensation module is preferred
- Experience in compensation plan design and delivery strategies in a retail or customer facing environment preferred
- A Certified Compensation Professional designation may be considered in lieu of the preferred work experience
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with strong ability to analyze data and interpret statistics as well as prepare visual representations of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and leadership attributes enabling effective direction, facilitation, communication and cooperation with all levels of the organization
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to interpret survey data and provide cost projections for various initiatives
- Solid understanding of state and federal laws and regulations relating to compensation
- Strong presentation skills with ability to develop PowerPoint presentations and deliver to key audience stakeholders
- Demonstrate advanced project management and organizational skills
- Strong planning skills and ability to effectively manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong integrity with ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential data
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision and occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly.
The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert